Terms & Conditions
Always recommended. Essential for families & groups.
• You will need to have a valid credit card in order to check in. In some limited circumstances, check-in without a credit card will be permitted, as long as you provide a $100.00 cash deposit and 2 pieces of valid identification, one of which must have your photograph and have been issued by a government entity (e.g., passport or driver's licence).
• Reservations cannot be confirmed without a credit card or pre-payment.
• Credit cards must have expiry dates which are valid through the last date of stay.
• Reservations confirmed with an invalid credit card are automatically cancelled.
• For larger groups and facility bookings, certain terms and conditions may apply which are specific to the reservation. A formal quotation will be provided in all such cases.
To avoid charge for the first night of stay:
• Single Dorm & Private Rooms: 48 hours notice to avoid charge for the first night of stay*
• Family & Group Rooms: 7 days notice to avoid charge for the first night of stay*
• Groups of 12 and over: 15 days notice to avoid charge for total reservation charge*
• Facility bookings: 30 days notice to avoid charge for total reservation charge*
* In the event of cancellation within the "no refund" period, every effort is made to re-rent beds/rooms. At its descretion, Dancing Bear Inn may issue a refund for the total amount of reservation less the cost of any beds/rooms that remain unrented. In this event, refunds will be issued within 15 days of the originally confirmed departure date.
Note: Beyond the basic policies listed here, specific terms and conditions regarding cancellations and refunds, if applicable, may apply to certain group and facility bookings and/or longer term stays. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions, or further clarification or if you believe your reservation may be subject to specific terms and conditions not outlined above.
Methods of Payment Accepted:
• Cash (Canadian and U.S. currency only) • Visa • MasterCard • American Express • Discover • Interac Debit Card • Traveller's Cheques (in Canadian or U.S. dollars) • Approved Business Cheque or Bank Draft
• Please note that we do not give cash advances on credit or debit transactions
Hours of Operation:
• Check-In: 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm daily
• Check-Out: 7:00 am to 11:00 am daily
The hostel is staffed from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm daily, and one staff member lives on-site.
Registered guests will have 24 hour access to the hostel. There is no "lock out" period.
• Guests arriving before 4:00 pm are welcome to store luggage until they can be checked into their room.
• Guests who will not arrive until after 10:00 pm MUST call the front desk during normal business hours to arrange for a late check-in. The Dancing Bear Inn is not responsible to refund or credit any guest for any night missed as a result of arrival after 10:00 pm.
Additional Deposits & Fees:
• Security deposit: $100.00 cash, or credit card pre-authorization.
• Please note that for large group and facility bookings, an additional damage deposit may also be required.
• Long-Term Storage: $3.00 per day (no storage charge for actively registered guests)
Storage of Personal Belongings:
In-room lockers are provided for all registered guests. In addition, long term storage lockers are available – guests must provide their own padlock (locks available for purchase at the front desk). Guests are solely responsible for the safety and security of their personal possessions. The Dancing Bear Inn and its parent company, Dancing Bear Holdings Ltd. assume no responsibility or liability for personal items lost or stolen while registered as a guest of the Dancing Bear Inn.
- NO SMOKING - smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property, including outdoor spaces. Guests determined by staff to have smoked in the hostel will be assessed a $250 cleaning fee and will be asked to leave
- NO PETS - except well-behaved and leashed service dogs
- NO DRUGS - the use of illegal drugs will not be permitted anywhere on the property. Guests found using drugs will be asked to leave and may be referred to local police
- Responsible alcohol consumption is allowed in all areas of the hostel, except dormitories, for guests aged 19 and over
- Please respect quiet hours between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am, especially in dorm accommodations
- No dangerous weapons are allowed in the hostel.
- Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be requested to leave the hostel premises and will not be given a refund. Guests are expected to respect other guests as well as staff, local residents and property.
- No unregistered guests are allowed in the hostel after 10:00 pm
- No cooking is allowed in hostel rooms - use the kitchen
- Please clean up after yourself
- Please wash and put away your dishes
- Dorm guests, ensure all belongings are in a locker or ON your bed before leaving for the day, so that the dorm can be safely cleaned
- Dorm guests are expected to maintain hygiene consistent with North American societal norms, including daily showers and/or the use of deodorant. Your bunk-mate thanks you.
- Our staff members reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason not prohibited by law
The Dancing Bear Inn respects the privacy of all our guests, and we are committed to protecting it. We will never share any of our guests' personal information with any third party unless compelled to do so by court order. Without your express written consent, we will not share your room number or whereabouts with any third party, nor are we able to verify whether or not you are a guest to any third party without your consent.